is a summer-camp based accelerated Java programming course is designed to introduce middle or high school students understand the fundamental object-oriented language programming skills and computer science concepts. It also introduces basic data structures, gradually moves on some complex projects. The course helps students to prepare for Computer Science A AP® Exam content, and gain a start head in studying the introductory college computer science classes.
Additionally, students can build solid Java programming skills and use it to prepare for USACO contest or the coding part of robotics competition.
Students must be comming middle school students or middle school students or high school students.
- Graduated from Univerisity of Washington Seattle, Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science and Engineering in 2015.
- Currently a Senior Software Engineer at Microsoft. Previously worked at Amazon. Had 7+ years experience in software engineering industry.
- Had 8+ years experience in teaching Java programming and Data structure & algorithms.
- Participated in teaching Computer Science A AP classes in Roosevelt High School.
- Helped more than 600 students preparing computer science A AP exams and 91% of students earned 5 out of 5 in the AP exams.
- Trained more than 45 students preparing USA Computing Olympiad contests. Top 2 students got in the Platinum-level from the Bronze-level within 2 years. Most of his students graduated from high school are currently majoring in computer science at Stanford, MIT, UC Berkley, Cornell, Princeton, UIUC, Carnegie Mellon, and UW.
Basic Math concepts and knowledges such as basic arithmetic operations, remainder, comparison of integers.
Students should acquire the following topics: static methods, primitive types, expressions, variables, assignment, print statement, for/while loops, class constants, parameters, return, Math class, scanner, if/else, nested if/else, string and char, arrays, array list, file input, line-based processing, objects and classes, random number and etc.
Pay tuition fee online on the top of this webpage with the student's name.
(PayPal accepts all major credit cards and debit cards.)
Click the "Registration Form" button to fill the class registration form online.
(Please hold and only submit registration form if you already paid tuition fee.)
What to expect after register the class and pay tuition fee?
You will receive an email from paypal right after the tuition fee is paid.
You will receive other email on Jun 30th with detailed instructions about the class if you provide the correct email address in the registration form.
The students will be enrolled if and only if they complete both filling in the registration form and paying the tuition.
What if the students won't be able to attend some of sessions?
The students can request the instructor to record the session and send them the video over the email.
The request should be made via email(firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 24 hours prior to the session starts unless there is an unexpected emergency like power outage or body injury.
Duration: 8 Weeks
Time: 2PM - 4PM Sunday
Lecture Schedule: 07/09, 07/16, 07/23, 07/30, 08/06, 08/13, 08/20, 08/27
Online Class Detail:
Zoom Meeting ID: 7373953121
Password will be sent via email you fill in the registration form on Jun 30th, 2023
Schedule A Enrollment Deadline:
One week prior to the start date of the class you registered:
1. 90% refund if you pay with Paypal/cards due to new banking policy starting at May 7th, 2019.
After the class starts:
50% Refund after the first class.
No refund after the second class.